March 24, 2014

S'more Bars






Hello again!
Today is very special,
Because today, I will be sharing my favorite dessert recipe with you.
I am famous for these S'more bars. I have made them many times and many different ways.
And every time, they are a hit.
Lets begin.


S'more bars are the best way to eat a s'more!
Easy to eat and no mess!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter- softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 king sized chocolate bars
8oz (jar) marshmallow creme


*Cupcake Remake Tips*
**Try mixing 4oz of marshmallow creme and 4oz of peanut butter!**
OR
**Using Cookies and Cream chocolate bars**



Directions:  

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease pan of choice. I normally use a regular size Pyrex pan.


* In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
*Beat in vanilla and egg
*In another bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
* Add dry ingredients slowly to the large bowl and mix at a low speed until combined..
*Divide dough in half. (For top and bottom crust) Press half the dough into an even layer on the bottom of prepared pan.








*Place chocolate bars over the dough.
I have normally use regular chocolate bars, but this time I used Cookies and Cream! Yum!
Also, I only had 2 bars this time, so I spread them out. If I had 3 then I wouldn't of broke them up, but sat them side by side.





*Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate bars.



*Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow. (Flatten dough into small shingles and laying them together, is the easiest way.)


*Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly brown.







Makes enough to share, but you wont want to!


Thanks for stopping by!
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment