March 4, 2014

Diy Post-it note Flower




Yay! Spring has sprung!
Well, sorta.
My flowers are sprouting but no flowers yet. I can't wait for them to pop up and show their colors!
So I made a paper flower because I'm so excited!





Its so lovely and easy, I can't wait to make more!
I bet you have everything to make it already!


Here is whatcha need:



*Cd
*Post it notes (I used 51, It just depends on how tight or lose you roll.)
*Glue gun & Glue
*Tape
*Stapler
*Paper clip or soda can tab (To hang with)

Lets get started!

First thing is to make the flower petals.
You can do them a lot of different ways.
But here is what I did:




I started by putting the sticky side facing down.
Pull one corner in first and rolling it inward.
(Or pull both corners at the same time.)



Once you got the petal shape, tape the corner down so I won't unroll.

Then grab your stapler.
And put a staple about 1 inch up your petal. This will help us keep the flower in a circle shape.





Now make a bunch!

Once I had enough for the first layer (17 petals) I set them on the cd.
I DID NOT glue them until I knew I had enough and they were in the right spot.
When you are putting them on your Cd make sure to keep the staple at the edge of the cd, that will make the flower stay in the circle shape we want.






Once everything is in place, start gluing.




All done!
Next layer!
(I had 17 petals for the second layer)

We are doing the same thing as the first layer, but we have to move the second layer down a bit.
And offset the petals.
Once again, I DID NOT glue them until I knew I had enough and they were in the right spot.
Make sure to pay attention to your staples!! Mine are a little messy but it worked out alright.



Once everything is in place, GLUE!

Moving on to the third layer!
(I had 17 petals for this layer)


Same thing, move the petals down and offset the other layers.
Once everything is in place, glue it down.




All done!
But not really....Few more steps!

Add a center! I have lots of paint sample paper things so I cut a circle out and glued it down.
Ta-Dah!



Last step!
I flipped it over a I glued a paper clip down so I can hang it up on my wall.




Enjoy!




Oooo try making two of the same color and glue the Cd backs to each other, hang from ceiling!
Im for sure going to make tons of these! Next one is gonna be 3 different color post-it notes. Try using newspaper or even book pages! So many possibilities! Have fun!


See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment